The Board of Corrections of Military Records (BCMR) has the power to change, delete, modify, or add to the contents of military records when “necessary to correct an error or remove an injustice.”  A Veteran’s request to the BCMR must be made within three years of the date of discovery of the error or injustice.  However, this three years limited can be waived if the BCMR determines that a waiver is in the “best interest of justice.”  BCMRs do not have written standards or guidelines for deciding cases.  The BCMR also rarely grants personal appearances.

Morbi vitae purus dictum, ultrices tellus in, gravida lectus.

There are two options if you wish to challenge a BCMR decision: resubmit your DD Form 149 or court review.  A denial from a BCMR does not mean that a Veteran will never gain relief; it means that the Veteran failed to provide enough evidence to show an error or injustice occurred.  If the Veteran obtains new evidence, he can resubmit the DD Form 149 for consideration.  Veterans can also appeal their denials in the federal courts.  Review is granted only in specific circumstances such as denials of back pay if the suit is filed within six years of the date on which the error first existed.

Law Offices of



Fill this out for your free consultation!

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please make you have filled out all the fields. They are all required.